Saturday, October 29, 2011

Apple Investigating iPhone 4S Battery Drain

According to Guardian report Apple is currently investigating problems with battery life on Apple's newest device iPhone 4S. Lot of users are blaming Siri for poor battery performance, however Apple doesn't think Siri is to be blame.

Apple says corrupt contacts details or background services might be causing battery drain. According to the report Apple engineers are directly contacting iPhone 4S owners and asking them to install monitoring tools on their phone to diagnose the problem.

One owner who was contacted by Apple told the Guardian: "My battery life was extremely poor - 10% drop in standby every hour. I noticed that the usage figure was roughly half that of standby, even when the phone was not being used, so I assumed something was crashing or running in the background. I switched off all the new features including Siri and location services, but it was still really poor. I also tried setting up a clean phone with no apps but it is still really poor.

"I then got a call from a senior Apple engineer who said he had read my post and was 'reaching out' to users for data and admitted this was an issue (and that they aren't close to finding a fix!) and asked lots of questions about my usage and then asked if he could install the file below and that he would call back the day after to retrieve the info. I extracted the file from my Mac after a sync and emailed it to him. He was incredibly helpful and apologetic in the typical Apple way!"

Are you having battery issues on your new iPhone 4S? If so you can chip in on the Apple Support Board and hope for an Apple Engineer to call you.

Source: Guardian Report

0 comments:

Post a Comment