Friday, October 21, 2011

Steve Jobs vowed to destroy Android, called the platform a ‘stolen product’


In a new revelation from Steve Jobs authorized biography by Walter Isaacson, the Associated Press reports that Steve was furious over launch of first HTC Android phone. He thought phone appeared to copy many features from the iPhone.

Isaacson wrote that Jobs was livid in January 2010 when HTC introduced an Android phone that boasted many of the popular features of the iPhone. Apple sued, and Jobs told Isaacson in an expletive-laced rant that Google's actions amounted to "grand theft."


“I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple’s $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong,” Jobs said, according to Isaacson’s book. “I’m going to destroy Android, because it’s a stolen product. I’m willing to go thermonuclear war on this.”

According to the book even when Eric Schmidt met with Steve Jobs to settle the issue Mr. Jobs was in no mood of Settlement. "I don't want your money. If you offer me $5 billion, I don't want it. I've got plenty of money. I want you to stop using our ideas in Android, that's all I want." The meeting, Isaacson wrote, resolved nothing.

Source: AP

0 comments:

Post a Comment